North Dakota Century Code (NDCC) 11-18-05.1a & 1b Effective July 1, 2017
Real Estate Recording Fees
- $20 - 1 to 6 page document
- $65 - 7 to 25 page document, $3 per page over 25 pages
- Please make checks payable to Billings County Recorder. Credit Card transactions are also accepted by calling the Recorder's office at 701-623-4491.
All documents must have a 3 inch (7.62 centimeters) margin across the top of the first page of each instrument for recording information.
NDCC 11-18-02.2 Statements of Consideration Effective August 1, 2017
Only 1 of 2 statements of consideration will be accepted on a Deed or Affidavit of Affixation:
- A statement of full consideration paid for the property conveyed
- A statement designating one of the exemptions in subsection 6 which the grantee believes applies to the transaction
There is a 1 inch margin requirement on each instrument presented for recording. Each instrument must contain a 1 inch top, bottom, or side margin on each page of the instrument for the placement of computerized labels. The margin must be completely blank with no markings. If this margin requirement is not met, an additional fee of $10 will be charged.
Documents which do the following to a previously recorded document will have an additional fee of $3 for each additional document number listed after the first 10.
Sections of Land
Documents containing more than 10 sections of land will be charged an additional $1 per section after the first 10.